BioAutomation is always looking for qualified individuals. We are currently looking to fill an opening for a Field Service Engineer. Please submit your resume to Jobs@BioAutomation.com. Thank you for your interest in working with BioAutomation.
Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide on-site field service support by performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of BioAutomation’s full line of DNA/RNA synthesizers.
- Provide Field Support in an Industrial Setting to customers to ensure the stable and ongoing operation of customer purchased equipment
- Consult with the customer to explore current and future needs, develop action plans to ensure needs are met quickly and efficiently
- Consult and recommend future services to customers including service contracts, preventative maintenance schedules, etc.
- Communicate with customer to implement any necessary corrective actions
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain BioAutomation equipment located at customer sites
- Provide on-site training to customers
- Proper interpretation of schematics, manuals, and other specifications
- Perform Routine and Preventative Maintenance on customer equipment
- Provide Technical Support to customers via Telephone
- Provide feedback and documentation of work performed to Customer and others as appropriate
- Input accurate expense information for approval in a timely manner
- Requires a bachelor's degree in science or engineering and 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Oligonucleotide synthesis experience required
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication Skills
- Ability to work independently at remote locations
- Capable of critical thinking and problem solving
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected